Women's Leadership Program: Deadline extended to January 14, 2015
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 14th, 2015 AT 6:00pm.
Call for Applications: The Women's Leadership Program
December 15, 2014
Summary: The Women's Leadership Program (WLP) is intended to increase Australian Awards alumni's individual leadership skills in roles across industries and sectors in Mongolia. The Program will provide strong networking and professional development opportunities to both male and female alumni. The Program will also build cohort of male and female leaders committed to gender equality and women's leadership.
Australia Awards Mongolia (AAM) commenced on July 1, 2013, with the goal of improving human capacity in Mongolia. The WLP is a sub-component of the AAM program. It is designed to increase male and female alumni's leadership skills and to enhance professional development after completing an Australia Award. The WLP will provide a comprehensive leadership and development program for 25 male and female alumni over an 8-month period from January to August 2015. Throughout the year, the program will provide alumni with a variety of activities focused on developing their unique leadership capacity. Program will be in to 2 components:
- 1.An 8-month intensive leadership program in Mongolia for all participants
- 2.A 2 week fellowship to Australia for selected participants
Zorig Foundation (ZF) and Munkhchuluun Foundation (MF) are undertaking the in-Mongolia component of the WLP.
Candidate Description and Qualifications:
ZF & MF will select male and female participants who demonstrate a willingness to broaden their leadership skills, who want to expand their understanding of gender issues in Mongolia, and who are supportive of women's leadership. We seek a diverse mix of applicants who come from wide-ranging professional sectors. Participants will be selected based on their enthusiasm for leadership roles, potential for future impact and plans for tangible outcomes.
In addition, the WLP participants must:
- Be proficient in English
- Be an Australian Awards alumni.
- Be an ADS graduate. (ALS graduates will not be able to apply as they have already benefited from leadership activities as part of their award.)
- Be currently employed (self-employed is acceptable if proven. Women planning to return from maternity leave during the course of the program will also be eligible.)
- Be willing to commit to the entire 8 months of the program
- Be willing to participate in follow up monitoring of the program
- Demonstrate a willingness to deepen their understanding of gender issues in Mongolia and commitment to support both men's and women's leadership.
- Demonstrate they have a supportive environment in both the workplace and family that will support them to undertake the program.
- Be willing to increase their leadership and decision-making skills
A 2-Week Fellowship To Australia For Selected Participants:
After the completion of the community project, participants will be asked to submit an expression of interest to participate in the Australian fellowship component of the program.
This will include:
- Successfully completed the community project
- Have demonstrated a willingness to deepen their understanding of gender issues
- Must have a good attendance record and can show that they actively participated in all program activities
Feedback will also be sought from trainers and the contractor about each of the applicant's leadership skills and performance over the program.
Required supporting documents to be uploaded (English only):
- 1.Women's Leadership Program ONLINE Application form (http://www.jotformpro.com/zorigfoundation/WLP2015)
- 2.Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- 3.Two Letters of Recommendation
- 5.Statement of Purpose
- This statement of 500-1000 words should explain your reasons for applying to the WLP; personal expectations from the program and future career plans (including leadership ambitions) after completing the program.
Zorig foundation (ZF) and Munkhchuluun Foundation (MF) will be responsible for managing the selection process for the WLP, with final selection to be approved by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). The selection committee will consist of WLP Program Director, WLP Program Coordinators, and representatives from Australia Awards Mongolia (Coffey).
All completed applications should be submitted NO LATER THAN January 14, 2015 at 18:00.
Questions about the application process should be submitted to:
Zorig Foundation, Peace Avenue 17, Sukhbaatar District, Ulaanbaatar, 14210
Tel: +976 11 315444, +976 99194921,
Mongol TV Tower, Suite 905, Chinggis Avenue, Ulaanbaatar, 14251
Tel: +976 77111719