Women's Leadership program 2017 - Selection guideline
Women’s Leadership Program
2017 Application Process
Applications open - 26 August, 2016
Applications close - 29 September, 2016 (18:00 PM)
Shortlist notification - 30 September, 2016
Interviews - 6 October, 2016
Orientation Retreat - 14 – 16 October, 2016
To be eligible to participate in the WLP, participants must demonstrate:
- Willingness to deepen their understanding of gender issues in Mongolia and commit to supporting women’s leadership
- Be Australia Awards graduates (Australia Leadership Awards graduates have already benefited from leadership activities as part of their awards, and therefore are not eligible for the WLP)
- Be currently employed, including self-employed. (Women on maternity leave are eligible to apply)
- Willing to commit to the 8-months’ participation (attendance and performance will be monitored by the Zorig Foundation)
- Willing to participate in follow-up monitoring for at least 2 years after completion of the Program
- Demonstrated willingness to deepen their networks and linkages with Australia
- Demonstrate a supportive working and family environment to participate.
- Why did you choose to participate in WLP?
- How will WLP support your personal and professional development?
- What is your past leadership experience?
Before applying applicants should assess themselves against these eligibility criteria and should only apply if they meet them.
To apply, alumni will submit a short essay in English outlining:
Applicants submitted all required documents will be considered eligible. All eligible applicants’ essays will be scored and ranked by Zorig Foundation (ZF) and AAM against the essay outline questions. Based on the essay ranking, ZF and AAM finalise a shortlist of candidates (based on a ratio of 1.5 persons to be interviewed for each WLP position available). All shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. The interview panel will comprise a gender specialist, leadership specialist and representatives from DFAT and AAM. Representatives of ZF will observe and record the interviews.